* Re: [9fans] linksys etherfast 10/100 (lne100tx) v5 driver
@ 2002-05-03 15:38 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-03 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'd appreciate if somebody takes a trouble and enlightens me on this:
> which driver should the card in question be using?
> I've tried both "pc2t" and "2114x" to no avail.  (even tried "pcmpc100")
> The chip is marked "linksys", not "pnic" or anything else.
> Linux is driving it via the tulip.o driver, if that matters.

This is a card with PCI device id 1317/0985.
The Linux driver calls it a Comet.  It looks
like it's close enough to what our 2114x
supports that it could be made to work with
only a little hassle, but it's far enough away
that it's not just a matter of adding the device
id to the driver list.

Sorry.
Russ

* Re: [9fans] linksys etherfast 10/100 (lne100tx) v5 driver
@ 2002-05-03 16:06 jmk
From: jmk @ 2002-05-03 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri May  3 11:39:14 EDT 2002, rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> > I'd appreciate if somebody takes a trouble and enlightens me on this:
> > which driver should the card in question be using?
> > I've tried both "pc2t" and "2114x" to no avail.  (even tried "pcmpc100")
> > The chip is marked "linksys", not "pnic" or anything else.
> > Linux is driving it via the tulip.o driver, if that matters.
>
> This is a card with PCI device id 1317/0985.
> The Linux driver calls it a Comet.  It looks
> like it's close enough to what our 2114x
> supports that it could be made to work with
> only a little hassle, but it's far enough away
> that it's not just a matter of adding the device
> id to the driver list.
>
> Sorry.
> Russ

The chip is made by ADMtek, datasheets are available at www.admtek.com.

* Re: [9fans] linksys etherfast 10/100 (lne100tx) v5 driver
       [not found] <ba7fb211bccda32edc8abc0a307bdb50@plan9.bell-labs.com>
@ 2002-04-29 19:26 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-04-29 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: 9trouble, akm76

if it's a linksys card maybe this would help (note that it's not entirely
documented in plan9.ini(8)):

make sure the type is 'EC2T' (instead of pc2t). if you're sure the card is
pcmpc100 then you may want to write in plan9.ini a line resembling:

ether0=type=EC2T iochecksum id=PCMPC100

the iochecksum is there because PCMPC100 and PCM100 store their EA in IO
space (according to the driver).

hope that helps at least a bit (of course with the pci info russ cox asked
you for will help more if that doesn't)

andrey

@ 2002-04-29  9:37 Andrew
From: Andrew @ 2002-04-29  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello everybody,
I'd appreciate if somebody takes a trouble and enlightens me on this:
which driver should the card in question be using?
I've tried both "pc2t" and "2114x" to no avail.  (even tried "pcmpc100")
The chip is marked "linksys", not "pnic" or anything else.
Linux is driving it via the tulip.o driver, if that matters.
Please help!

--
DISCLAIMER: <DEFAULT DISCLAIMER>