* [9fans] Intel atom system
@ 2011-08-12  8:42 Ruckdashel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ruckdashel @ 2011-08-12  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i'm looking at building a system to get my plan9 tinkering out of VMs.
I'm looking at using a zotac Ionitx-t-u mobo with a sata ssd. I'm
curious if any one has tried this mobo. I'm trying to avoid having
another linux box lying around.

* Re: [9fans] Intel atom system
@ 2011-08-12  9:49 Bernd Maier
From: Bernd Maier @ 2011-08-12  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:42:01 +0200 Ruckdashel
<steve.ruckdashel@gmail.com> wrote:
>i'm looking at building a system to get my plan9 tinkering out of
>VMs.
>I'm looking at using a zotac Ionitx-t-u mobo with a sata ssd. I'm
>curious if any one has tried this mobo. I'm trying to avoid having
>another linux box lying around.

I would like to switch to real hardware too. I plan to use
Fossil+Venti. I would like to ask for a recommendation for
hardware too. Are atom system fast enough for Venti too?
What about the AMD350 Fusion boards? Are the sata ssd for Venti?

-Bernd

* [9fans]  Intel atom system
@ 2011-09-11 15:48 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-09-11 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I got the hardware (Supermicro X7SPA-H-D525, 4G RAM, 40G SATAII OCZ-2
> SSD) and after a little poking at the etherdrivers, its up and
> running. I had to copy over some stuff from 9atom. Now I'm looking to
> get an old WiFi USB stick working. I haven't tried it yet, so it could
> just work. Time to start making cool 9programs!

would you mind posting the output of "aux/vga -p"?  i'd like
to know what video modes this mb supports.

- erik