* Re: [9fans] spreding the word
@ 2009-02-24  3:11 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-02-24  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anothy, 9fans

> the whole streams idea is really educational. nonet was neat. having
> datakit code in there made the network transparency feel a bit more
> real (different world, i know).

streams also exist in unix.  i find it very educational that
plan 9 does well without streams.

queue quote from the little prince.

it would be intersting to introduce an ip-peer protocol,
if only for educational purposes.  xns would be usable
on regular ethernet equipment.  unfortuantely there
are many things that need to get done more.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] spreding the word
@ 2009-02-23 16:45 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-02-23 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this seems dated to me #w, #H and #b no longer
exist and the install is now quite different.

- erik

* [9fans] spreding the word
@ 2009-02-23 15:41 hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-02-23 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Well,
I made an obvious mistake and sent the last email to the wrong address.
I apologize for that.

--
Saludos

Hugo