* Re: [9fans] 9nfs
@ 2003-10-10  0:54 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2003-10-10  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Oct 10 09:35:37 JST 2003, matt@proweb.co.uk wrote:
> Before I start the long journey does anyone have any insight into how
> well plan9 behaves as an nfs server.

i think 9nfs behaves very well because nfsserver(8) says:

     DESCRIPTION
          ........  All
          users on client machines have the access privileges of the
          Plan 9 user `none'.
           :
     BUGS
          It would be nice to provide authentication for users, but
          Unix systems provide too low a level of security to be
          trusted in a Plan 9 world.

but this behaviour could be considered bad for your purpose.

* [9fans] 9nfs
@ 2003-10-10  1:38 matt
From: matt @ 2003-10-10  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm interested in building a FreeBSD to boot diskless and was reading
nfsserver(8)

Ending up in the source code and I noticed snippets of debugging cruft
hanging around such as the fprints and commented out alarms in
/sys/src/cmd/9nfs/unixnames.c shown below.

Before I start the long journey does anyone have any insight into how
well plan9 behaves as an nfs server.

=============
		free(m);
		break;
	}
fprint(2, "looking for %lux\n", clientip);
	if(getdom(clientip, dom, sizeof dom)<0){
		clog("auth: unknown ip address");
		return nil;
	}
fprint(2, "dom is %s\n", dom);
	for(r=idhead; r; r=r->next){
		if(r->u.timestamp == 0 || r->g.timestamp == 0)
==========

	char *l;
// 	long savalarm;

// 	savalarm = alarm(0);
	in = Bopen(file, OREAD);
	if(in == 0){
		clog("readunixidmaps can't open %s: %r\n", file);
//		alarm(savalarm);
		return -1;
	}