* Re: [9fans] 9ee
       [not found] <775b8d190708101742l7755885du92fc1ac4b84bd4ce@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-08-11  1:41 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-11  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Aug 10 20:45:06 EDT 2007, bruce.ellis@gmail.com wrote:
> the only issue is calling in and out, the two thunks.  you write
> a small bit of assembly language for these, again and again
> until you get it right.  there are no other compiler clashes.
>
> brucee

sorry.  i'm not following at all.  are you using ken's compiler?

if not, how do you deal with unnamed structures.  if so, don't
you have to do a lot dealing with object file formats?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9ee
@ 2007-08-11  2:50   ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-08-11  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] 9ee
@ 2007-08-11  4:33     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-08-11  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

that's right. the only thing that needs a native compiler
is the launcher and Mr Syscall.

9eekern is of course compiled with kencc.

brucee

On 8/11/07, Paul Lalonde <plalonde@telus.net> wrote:

* Re: [9fans] 9ee
@ 2007-08-11  5:10       ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2007-08-11  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The compiler+library trick is very nice. The run-time portion sounds
very similar to rsc's 9pm; can you summarize the differences?
Primarily i'm interested in how much of a "mental context switch"
you've got between the Plan 9 and Windows worlds.

* Re: [9fans] 9ee
@ 2007-08-11  0:24 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-11  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

how do you get the native c compiler to play along with some of ken's ideas?

- erik

* [9fans] 9ee
@ 2007-08-11  0:14 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-08-11  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

short writeup on 9ee.

http://www.chunder.com/plan9/9ee.html

feel free to ask me to clarify/correct anything.
it was a very rushed effort.

brucee