* [9fans] recent bitsy kernel deployment?
@ 2006-08-31 21:15 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2006-08-31 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

just wondering if the bitsy code has been exercised recently.
it has been a while since I last updated the bitsy, and I only
recently used it again after a long period of non-usage.

unfortunately I 'stored' mine switched on (don't do that!!) which harmed
its battery (now replaced) and probably also the sleeve battery.

it looks like /dev/battery could be made to report slightly more about
the battery status e.g. about the sleeve one, but to add that I need
to rebuild the kernel and probably the apps too (to keep them in sync).

since uploading over the wavelan is much easier than via the cradle,
I would feel slighly more confortable knowing that these things
still work. (of course they do, and yeah, I can just try, but still...)

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] recent bitsy kernel deployment?
@ 2006-08-31 21:19 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2006-08-31 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

mine has been sitting idle in a drawer for years now.

@ 2006-08-31 22:05   ` Gorka guardiola
From: Gorka guardiola @ 2006-08-31 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Last time it ran was on December 2004 if I remember right. But I am
not sure if we used a recent kernel or the old version already on it.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] recent bitsy kernel deployment?
@ 2006-09-02 12:54     ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2006-09-02 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

ok, thanks.

I found it can be nice as 'game terminal' (touch screen easier than mouse).
plan 9 nicely allows it to be just that: no updates needed on bitsy,
just cpu to the 'game-server'. maybe I'll be lazy and be happy as it is.
adding -t(iny) flags to the other games might be nice though.  we'll see...

w.r.t. leaving it idle for long time: switching it off really
(using slide switch under cover at bottom) seems really advisable.

Axel.