* [9fans] incompatible type signature
@ 2013-09-12  5:11 lucio
From: lucio @ 2013-09-12  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm going to start from the man page: 8c(1)

          -T     Pass type signatures on all external and global enti-
                 ties.  The signature is based on the C signof opera-
                 tor.  See dynld(2).

There is no dynld(2), I do wish the reference could be to some useful
documentation!

I tried to compile the most recent version of CVS I could find
(1.11.23), something I did successfully a long time ago, and before
that the OpenLDAP clients/tools sources and both compilations
concluded with link time errors on the APE libraries (the culprits
seem to be _sock_findrock, ntohl and ntohs).

What I'm looking for is an explanation of these "incompatible type
signature" errors that can be usefully employed to track them down and
fix them.  Rebuilding and re-installing the entirety of the
/sys/src/ape directory didn't make any diference (the sugnatures may
be different, I'm not sure).

So, what do those in the know suggest?

++L