* [9fans] two questions: starting fgui? and emailing fossil vac scores?
@ 2004-01-05 15:36 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2004-01-05 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I asked this a while back without any response.  Maybe it didn't get
distributed?  Anyway, still looking for answers, as I haven't got
anywhere on my own so far.

I normally run drawterm to connect to my home setup.  One of the
problems I've run into over time was that auth/fgui was not
automatically available, so I added auth/fgui& to my riostartup.  But
that lead to factotums leaking on the cpu server every time I closed
the connection.  Currently I'm doing window -hide auth/fgui, which is
clearly not right.

So, is there a recommended way to get fgui to be available when I log
in via drawterm?

My second question is about something I've read on the list a couple
of times.  How do I set up automatic emailing of the vac scores
generated by the archival snapshot in fossil?  As in, a handy script I
can cron or some such.

Thanks,
Robby

* Re: [9fans] two questions: starting fgui? and emailing fossil vac scores?
@ 2004-01-05 16:02 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2004-01-05 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My second question is about something I've read on the list a couple
> of times.  How do I set up automatic emailing of the vac scores
> generated by the archival snapshot in fossil?  As in, a handy script I
> can cron or some such.

serve up a new console (fossil's srv -p command) and drain it with clog to a file somewhere in /sys/log (if you don't think you need to hide it from people). then a cron job to mail you the score every day is trivial.

in my case fossil's configuration file has (among other things):

	srv -p fscmd

and cpurc for the file server has:

	aux/clog /srv/fscmd /sys/log/fossil &

andrey

* Re: [9fans] two questions: starting fgui? and emailing fossil vac scores?
@ 2004-01-07 10:20   ` plan9
From: plan9 @ 2004-01-07 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ahh, finally read the consolefs(4) man page all the way to the end.  I
thought I would need to set up a consoledb in order to use clog, and
that had scared me off.  Your suggestion works a treat, thank you very
much.

I now send myself an email with the result of yesterday -d /sys/log/fossil,
hopefully leaving enough time between the snap -a and the cron job.

Robby

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2873 bytes --]

From: mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] two questions: starting fgui? and emailing fossil vac scores?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:02:40 -0700

@ 2003-12-19 12:18 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2003-12-19 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I normally run drawterm to connect to my home setup.  One of the
problems I've run into over time was that auth/fgui was not
automatically available, so I added auth/fgui& to my riostartup.  But
that lead to factotums leaking every time I closed the connection.
Currently I'm doing window -hide auth/fgui, which is clearly not
exactly right.