* [9fans] tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail
@ 2002-06-20  7:33 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-06-20  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Changing  /acme/mail/src/mesg.c:938
			dest = egrow(estrdup(home), "/", dest);
			dest = egrow(estrdup("/tmp"), "/", dest);

provides what IMHO is a more convenient location to copy attachments.
When using ramfs, I just copy them and don't bother to delete those that
are not of interest. For those of interest I'd edit the cp.... line
anyway to provide a correct location.

hth

* Re: [9fans] tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail
@ 2002-06-20 15:43 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-06-20 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Changing  /acme/mail/src/mesg.c:938
> 			dest = egrow(estrdup(home), "/", dest);
> 			dest = egrow(estrdup("/tmp"), "/", dest);

Alternately,

	g% cat /usr/rsc/bin/rc/Mail
	#!/bin/rc

	rfork e
	home=/tmp
	exec /acme/mail/Mail $*
	g%

Russ

* Re: [9fans] tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail
@ 2002-06-20 15:37 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-06-20 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> you can plumb the attachments directly too (just as long as upas/fs
> was started before the plumber); mind you, it's a bit strange that you

the order doesn't matter.  we've been through this before.

> mind you, it's a bit strange that you
> can't right click on
>
> 	/mail/fs/mbox/23/1/body.gif
>
> inside the mail message itself, but you can if you copy and paste that
> text into somewhere else in acme.  i think that's because upas/fs is
> interpreting b3 clicks itself, and being a little too clever about it.

s;upas/fs;Mail;, but yeah.

* Re: [9fans] tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail
@ 2002-06-20 12:15 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-06-20 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> as you can usually use the attachment directly (noting that upas/fs will
> accept any file extension on "body").  at least that way you avoid

Didn't notice it.

> you can plumb the attachments directly too (just as long as upas/fs
> was started before the plumber); mind you, it's a bit strange that you

I was starting them in the wrong order. ugh.

This makes /usr/nemo/attach better than /tmp/attach, since the
only time I'm likely to execute the command is when I decide to
save it and that would require just the insertion of text between
/usr/nemo and the file name.

thanks a lot

* Re: [9fans] tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail
@ 2002-06-20 11:55 rog
From: rog @ 2002-06-20 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

actually, if you're planning on using ramfs, there's not much point,
as you can usually use the attachment directly (noting that upas/fs will
accept any file extension on "body").  at least that way you avoid
using up extra memory.

you can plumb the attachments directly too (just as long as upas/fs
was started before the plumber); mind you, it's a bit strange that you
can't right click on

	/mail/fs/mbox/23/1/body.gif

inside the mail message itself, but you can if you copy and paste that
text into somewhere else in acme.  i think that's because upas/fs is
interpreting b3 clicks itself, and being a little too clever about it.

  cheers,
    rog.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1698 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail