* [9fans] sam as editor for mutt/pine
@ 2009-08-03  9:13 plus 852
From: plus 852 @ 2009-08-03  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is it possible to use sam as an external editor for the mail programs
mutt or pine? If so, is anyone doing this? What does one add to a mutt
or pine config file to get this working?

* Re: [9fans] sam as editor for mutt/pine
@ 2009-08-03  9:35 ` Noah Evans
From: Noah Evans @ 2009-08-03  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I think you want to set your editor to the E program discussed on the
list earlier, this will plumb your mails to whatever is listening on
the plumb edit port.

@ 2009-08-03 10:29   ` Lorenzo Bolla
From: Lorenzo Bolla @ 2009-08-03 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I use it. just stick

set editor="sam -d %s"

to your .muttrc

L.

@ 2009-08-03 10:34     ` Lorenzo Bolla
From: Lorenzo Bolla @ 2009-08-03 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

or
set editor="E"
if you fancy sam with a gui

(sorry for the double post)

L.

@ 2009-08-03 22:13 ` J.R. Mauro
From: J.R. Mauro @ 2009-08-03 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:13 AM, plus 852<plus852@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use sam as an external editor for the mail programs
> mutt or pine? If so, is anyone doing this? What does one add to a mutt
> or pine config file to get this working?

You definitely want to use E. If you look hard enough, you can
actually get Acme Mail to (mostly) work in p9p

* Re: [9fans] sam as editor for mutt/pine
@ 2009-08-03 22:22   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2009-08-03 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs