* [9fans] Mothra and <style> tags
@ 2006-08-23 11:28 Gregory Pavelcak
From: Gregory Pavelcak @ 2006-08-23 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Personally, I think mothra is a nice browser, and I've made some
changes within my limited (almost nil) coding ability to colors,
vertical spacing, and margins to suit my personal tastes, but I've hit
a wall with <style> tags. The problem is that mothra prints the
information within <style></style> when it renders the page, making
for unnecessary clutter. I would like to convince mothra to just
ignore the stuff. Is there an easy way to do this?

I have already tried adding the tag to html.h and html.syntax.c, then,
in rdhtml.c I added `Tag_style' to the list with `Tag_comment', `Tag_html',
etc. but that didn't have any effect. I can't imagine that I'm too far
off track here though. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.

Greg

* Re: [9fans] Mothra and <style> tags
@ 2006-08-23 12:57 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2006-08-23 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> The problem is that mothra prints the
> information within <style></style> when it renders the page, making
> for unnecessary clutter. I would like to convince mothra to just
> ignore the stuff. Is there an easy way to do this?

What I would do is add a case Tag_style to the first switch(g.tag)
statement in plrdhtml(), which would just call pl_gettoken()
repeatedly until the matching ENDTAG is returned.

-- Richard

* Re: [9fans] Mothra and <style> tags
@ 2006-08-23 14:37   ` Gregory Pavelcak
From: Gregory Pavelcak @ 2006-08-23 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. My test
page is nationalreview.com. Just to make sure I hadn't completely
misdiagnosed the problem, I added `case Tag_style:' under `case
Tag_strong' within switch(g.tag). Sure enough, the text I would like
to get rid of came out bold. Then I tried adding

		case Tag_style:
			break;

under switch(g.tag), but the text refuses to disappear. I'm doing mk
clean, mk, cp 8.out /usr/gp/bin/386/mothra without complaint, but I'm
not getting the desired result.

Greg

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2659 bytes --]

From: Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Mothra and <style> tags
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:57:18 +0100

@ 2006-08-23 15:53     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2006-08-23 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 		case Tag_style:
> 			break;

This will cause the tag itself to be ignored, but the text following the
tag will still be treated as displayable unless you do something to stop
it.  That's why I suggested a loop calling pl_gettoken() until it returns
an ENDTAG with g.tag==Tag_style.

* Re: [9fans] Mothra and <style> tags
@ 2006-08-27  3:08       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-08-27  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

styles are supposed to be parsed with the same rules as scripts.
i realize that mothra doesn't use libhtml, but there's a patch on
sources -- /n/sources/patch/libhtml-lexscript -- that fixes script
parsing for libhtml, which may be helpful.

- erik