* [9fans] tr2post fails on japanese characters
@ 2002-08-26  7:52 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2002-08-26  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I like to use Plan 9 for my paper works.
As the starting point, I tried to produce
a postscript file from /sys/doc/utf.ms by

	term% troff -ms utf.ms | page
	converting from troff to postscript...
	/386/bin/aux/tr2post: <stdin>:56 :WARNING: cannot find glyph,
		rune=0x3053 stoken=<xx> troff font Jp
	... <and so on>

tr2post couldn't glyphs for Japanese character, seemingly.
All I can do is to look in /sys/lib/postscript/troff/Jp and
it contains the line of
	0x0000 0x0001 Times-Roman

Could you give me any suggestion?
--
YAMANASHI Takeshi

* Re: [9fans] tr2post fails on japanese characters
@ 2002-08-26 16:05 ` rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-08-26 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

As /sys/doc/mkfile should demonstrate, you need to use a macro
package -mnihongo.  The Japanese font is rendered directly into
postscript from bitmaps, and doesn't look very good, but it's
good enough for the rare use we put it to.

All you should need to do is
	cd /sys/doc
	mk utf.ps
	page utf.ps
The output of the mk will tell you the command line.

-rob

--On Monday, August 26, 2002 4:52 PM +0000 YAMANASHI Takeshi

@ 2002-08-26 11:00 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2002-08-26 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> As /sys/doc/mkfile should demonstrate, you need to use a macro
> package -mnihongo.

Thank you.  I've got a start at least.

> The Japanese font is rendered directly into
> postscript from bitmaps, and doesn't look very good

I sadly agree you in this respect.
I will try to use my printer's internal Kanji font.
--
YAMANASHI Takeshi