* [9fans] last update got strange acme behaviour
@ 2002-07-25  1:47 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-25  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I got last update (July 24) from plan9 sources using replica/pull.
I recompiled all the things by the new source trees after that pull.

Now I have a strange behaviour of win command in acme.

In an acme window,
'win rc' command runs smoothly, and makes another acme window
with the prompt of
term%

Then, I dispatched the command ls at the window, and got error as
rc: note: '0x0e'

'0x0e' means so control code.

I'd be glad if someone could give me where I should search the problem.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] last update got strange acme behaviour
@ 2002-07-25  7:42 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-25  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I searched once more the reason of this.  There is a two version of
acme win program, one works fine, and the other does not.

The first is that one before I fetched many patches and recompiled;

ls -l /n/dump/2002/0723/acme/bin/386/win
	--rwxrwxr-x M 9 sys sys 174975 Apr 2 01:42 /n/dump/2002/0723/acme/bin/386/win

and the second is that after I recomplied:

ls -l /acme/bin/386/win
	--rwxrwxr-x M 9 sys sys 175343 Jul 24 16:48 /acme/bin/386/win

As there is no difference between these sources, I suppose this reflect the
difference between the lower libraries, probably libc (?).

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2171 bytes --]