* [9fans] Mounting 9p on an OSX host?
@ 2014-03-29 19:29 Ciprian Dorin Craciun
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun @ 2014-03-29 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

    Is there a "quick" and "stable" way to mount a 9p exported
file-system on an OSX host?  (By "quick way" I mean something which
doesn't imply compiling;  and by "safe" something that others can
recommend as not crashing the system...)

    Obviously I've found the following:

    * https://code.google.com/p/mac9p -- however they say on the main
project page "use at your own risk", which makes me pause for a second
before trying...

    * http://osxfuse.github.io/ -- however I need to find (and
compile) a 9p implementation that uses this;  (anyone can recommend
one?)

    Something else?  (From the archives it seems a similar question
was posted back a couple of years, but even then no direct answer.)

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.

* Re: [9fans] Mounting 9p on an OSX host?
@ 2014-03-29 19:39 ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2014-03-29 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

FWIW I've found osxfuse pretty unstable, YMMV.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] Mounting 9p on an OSX host?
@ 2014-03-29 19:59 ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2014-03-29 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hola,

I wrote mac9p, it works relatively well, I know a few people use it and hat haven’t heard
about crashing the kernel or something. Give it a try, that was a general warning
I wrote when I first pushed the code years ago.

here’s the README with a few instructions:
https://code.google.com/p/mac9p/wiki/README

 there’s also the mount_9p(8) man page.

have fun

On Mar 29, 2014, at 4:29 PM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.craciun@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Is there a "quick" and "stable" way to mount a 9p exported
> file-system on an OSX host?  (By "quick way" I mean something which
> doesn't imply compiling;  and by "safe" something that others can
> recommend as not crashing the system...)
>

>    Obviously I've found the following:
>
>    * https://code.google.com/p/mac9p -- however they say on the main
> project page "use at your own risk", which makes me pause for a second
> before trying...
>
>    * http://osxfuse.github.io/ -- however I need to find (and
> compile) a 9p implementation that uses this;  (anyone can recommend
> one?)
>

>    Something else?  (From the archives it seems a similar question
> was posted back a couple of years, but even then no direct answer.)
>

>    Thanks,
>    Ciprian.

—
Federico G. Benavento
benavento@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: [9fans] Mounting 9p on an OSX host?
@ 2014-03-29 21:22 ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2014-03-29 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs