* Re: [9fans] dilettant plan9 newbie trying to get started chapter 2
@ 2010-12-14 10:29 Bodó Abel
From: Bodó Abel @ 2010-12-14 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

Again. If i understood the answer correctly (in which I'm not sure
because I couldn't figure out if it was about the official release
from 2002 or atom) many of the hardware I wish to use have no
compatibility with plan9. Then what should I do? I mean, if i have to
create my own drivers, where do I start? If this mailing list is not
the place to be for my questions (being too basic and annoying), just
say so, but I have really no other idea where to get help from (with
this problem of mine), so if that's the case, could you please give me
some advice about that (meaning where to get help)?
And about the foxconn L S-36, its some custom dell motherboard ripped
out of a factory setup hardware, and I guess I'll check the chipsets
in it, and ask about that when I'll have the chance to check it.

Still, thanks for your help
Abel A. Bodoo

> - intel SE7505vb2 motherboard (integrated ethernet ports, SATA etc.)

> ethernet should work.  i'm not sure about the sata.  early
intel sata was a problem.

@ 2010-12-14 15:00 ` Eugene Gorodinsky
From: Eugene Gorodinsky @ 2010-12-14 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs