* [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9
@ 2007-05-06 22:23 Kim Shrier
From: Kim Shrier @ 2007-05-06 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I am setting up my first Plan 9 machine and I was wondering if
someone would be willing to answer (off list probably) various
questions I have about how things should be configured.  Since
I have about 28 years of UNIX experience, I am probably thinking
about things all wrong and I could use some guidance on getting
into the proper Plan 9 mind set.

Thanks in advance,
Kim

* Re: [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9
@ 2007-05-06 22:52 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-05-06 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ask here.  there's also the plan9 wiki and the 9fans
archives.

@ 2007-05-06 22:56   ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-05-06 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

some of us can also missguide you on #plan9 at irc.freenode.net
but as skip said,  the wiki and the 9fans archives are the best place.

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9
@ 2007-05-06 23:13     ` Kim Shrier
From: Kim Shrier @ 2007-05-06 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks.  I have been reading from the wiki.  I haven't looked
in the 9fans archive yet.  Probably should have before posting
to the list.

I don't mind a bit of misguidance as long as I can get out of
trouble faster than I got into it.

You'll probably be hearing from me from time to time as I get
myself into a bind.

Kim