* [9fans] Errata and Addendum: A standard also sucks if it includes the word "advanced"
@ 2011-11-14  1:29 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2011-11-14  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking at a mainboard manual and I see this in the table of contents:
Advanced ACPI Configuration

Which, expanded, is
Advanced Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Configuration

Man. Does the advanced distribute?
Advanced Advanced Advanced Configuration and Advanced Power Advanced
Interface Advanced Configuration

Or just do something like this:
A^2PCIC

Either way, it must be really really great!

Or maybe it just really really sucks. I vote for the latter. So we
have another new rule for Standards That Suck.

ron

* [9fans] Errata and Addendum: A standard also sucks if it includes the word "advanced"
@ 2011-11-14  4:25 ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2011-11-14  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

If applying the A does the latter, then I'd say it's nilpotent
of degree 2.

       [not found] <CAP6exYK+o=QR7QDWBwOsn64T6Fb_y8UJ05AA8ZnEcoNsHHjzwQ@mail.gmail.c>
@ 2011-11-14  2:37 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-11-14  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Or maybe it just really really sucks. I vote for the latter. So we
> have another new rule for Standards That Suck.

all those gates, all those standards, nothing is simple.

- erik