* [9fans] How to submit a patch for 9fans.net/go/plan9/client?
@ 2015-09-08  1:54 Mark Bucciarelli
From: Mark Bucciarelli @ 2015-09-08  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans

I'd like to fix the XXX at
https://github.com/9fans/go/blob/master/plan9/client/conn.go#L41-L46.  Per
the man page, version should send a tag of NOTAG, and it currently sends a
1.  Making it so, and then replacing the rpc() call with c.write followed
by a c.read should do the trick.

How do I submit a patch?  I see forks on github, but no one merging back to
9fans.  Is there a codereview link somewhere I should use?  Or just a
normal github pull request.

Thanks,

Mark

* Re: [9fans] How to submit a patch for 9fans.net/go/plan9/client?
@ 2015-09-09  3:29 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-09-09  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i would guess that at least rsc and rob review pull requests; a pull
request would be the best bet.

@ 2015-09-09  4:27   ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2015-09-09  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i would guess that at least rsc and rob review pull requests; a pull
> request would be the best bet.

The Go Team is explicit about not accepting pull requests, although I
have no idea how that actually works (I have every intention to read
the O'Reilly GIT book, but none too soon).

I have sent small tweaks to Rob in the recent past, though, so that is
a perfectly fine approach.  David (0intro) and others will also be
happy, I'm sure, to pass patches on if Mark is not willing to go
through the code review procedure.

Lucio.

* Re: [9fans] How to submit a patch for 9fans.net/go/plan9/client?
@ 2015-09-09  7:52     ` Jeremy Jackins
From: Jeremy Jackins @ 2015-09-09  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> The Go Team is explicit about not accepting pull requests

This repo is not a part of the Go project, though.

@ 2015-09-09  9:43       ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2015-09-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> This repo is not a part of the Go project, though.

Oh, I guess I should have been more attentive.

Apologies to all involved.

Lucio.

* Re: [9fans] How to submit a patch for 9fans.net/go/plan9/client?
@ 2015-09-09  9:59       ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2015-09-09  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Jeremy Jackins <jeremyjackins@gmail.com> wrote:
> This repo is not a part of the Go project, though.

It uses the same procedure, though.

See plan9port's codereview(1).

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] How to submit a patch for 9fans.net/go/plan9/client?
@ 2015-09-09 23:48         ` Mark Bucciarelli
From: Mark Bucciarelli @ 2015-09-09 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs