From: Steven Stallion <sstallion@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Fossil+Venti system memory requirements to be aware of?
Date: Wed,  2 Nov 2016 14:02:56 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Jim,

It's important to point out that the arena size does not have to match
the size of an arenas file. In my case, I do something similar where I
use 2GB for an arena but keep my arenas files at 2GB (I don't have
much use for keeping multiple arena files).

More indexes help to an extent. My fs isn't under exceptionally heavy
load, but I've found that 2 seem to work out nicely for my
configuration.

Steve