From: Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Fossil+Venti system memory requirements to be aware of?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 22:54:24 +0100	[thread overview]

i agree absolutely with steve here, expanding venture arena by arena is easy, the ventibackup scripts show you how. even easier is to add arenas on a different disk partition to the same venti.

personally i wouldn't keep music or videos in venti. they don't compress well using the arithmetic techniques in venti and the de duplication is unlikely to be a win either. just put them on a separate mirrored partition.

i wrote a doc called venti rescue which details replacing disks and rebuilding your venti. it may be of help.

-Steve