* [9fans] listing windows for p9p acme
@ 2015-09-02  9:54 Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2015-09-02  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I got annoyed at how, usually with many windows open, I sometimes struggle
to find where one of my windows is.

So I wrote https://github.com/mpl/lw , which seems to be helping a bit. I
run it from the main tag, so the output goes to Errors.

Hope that helps anyone else.

Cheers,
Mathieu

* Re: [9fans] listing windows for p9p acme
@ 2015-09-02 11:17 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2015-09-02 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 2 September 2015 at 11:54, Mathieu Lonjaret
> I got annoyed at how, usually with many windows open, I sometimes struggle
> to find where one of my windows is.

yes. when there are many windows, the situation gets chaotic,
that's my experience, too.

Further, the heuristics of placing new windows does not really help
at that moment :(

btw. Has somebody tried this?
http://c9x.me/edit/

Ruda

* Re: [9fans] listing windows for p9p acme
@ 2015-09-02 17:58   ` Eugene Ma
From: Eugene Ma @ 2015-09-02 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Sorting columns with Sort helps a little with window management. Also, the
"Edit X" sam command does something similar to lw.

@ 2015-09-02 23:28     ` Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2015-09-02 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs