* [9fans] kencc benchmark vs gcc
@ 2014-10-17 19:56 Yoann Padioleau
From: Yoann Padioleau @ 2014-10-17 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

Is there any benchmark results comparing kencc (e.g. 8c) vs gcc, clang, etc?
I’m interested mainly in the speed of the generated code, not so much in the
time it takes to compile something.

* Re: [9fans] kencc benchmark vs gcc
@ 2014-10-17 20:24 ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2014-10-17 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There have been many over the years (I think the original papers present something), but I've not seen anything current enough to be useful. The very short version: gcc almost always produces faster executables from the same code.

* Re: [9fans] kencc benchmark vs gcc
@ 2014-10-21  2:17   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2014-10-21  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs