* Request for (constructive?) comments: Plan 9 : 2020
@ 2019-10-22 20:33 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2019-10-22 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all,

Jeff (jas) and I have been chatting about organizing a "Plan 9 : 2020"
workshop.  We're trying to gauge everyone's interest, and to solicit agenda
items, venue suggestions, and hopefully volunteers to help organize it.

Agenda (roughly):
Aside from moral support and camaraderie, one main goal would be to team up
with 9fans to plan and start work on some longstanding issues and
(to-be-determined) feature requests.

There will be a call for papers on completed or works-in-progress for Plan
9 (all flavors), 9P, P9P and related projects.  There has been some
interesting adoption of Plan 9 ideas which may be worth including in a
"State of Plan 9" of some sort. The circumstances alone beg a paper on
"9P2020".

It would also be an opportunity to discuss the latest trends in technology
and how they may benefit Plan 9's development.

Venue:
As for venue, Jeff is willing to host it at his Hanger 9 (a real hanger,
with airplanes) in Kenosha, WI. He will have high speed connectivity and a
Plan 9 network.  Accommodations in the area will most likely be cheaper too.

If you have a different suggestion, or are willing to offer a venue, please
comment.

Sponsorship:
Yes, please?
Volunteering to help plan, organize, or help with the costs would be great.
As in past workshops, this will be a labor of love for all involved.

Please comment here with your interest and suggestions for the agenda,
venue, sponsorship/volunteering, etc (or other creative ideas).

Thanks,
-Skip

* Re: [9fans] Request for (constructive?) comments: Plan 9 : 2020
@ 2019-10-23  0:22 ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2019-10-23  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, Skip Tavakkolian

I would be very happy to volunteer whatever time and resources I can.

It would be awesome to see this happen :)

Cheers,
Sean

* Re: [9fans] Request for (constructive?) comments: Plan 9 : 2020
@ 2019-10-23  1:14   ` Marshall Conover
From: Marshall Conover @ 2019-10-23  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs; +Cc: Skip Tavakkolian

I'd be happy to volunteer some hours setting things up. I'd love to hear a
talk on mycroftiv's grid, as well.

@ 2019-10-23 11:09 ` tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2019-10-23 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 01:33:06PM -0700, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Jeff (jas) and I have been chatting about organizing a "Plan 9 : 2020"
> workshop.  We're trying to gauge everyone's interest, and to solicit agenda
> items, venue suggestions, and hopefully volunteers to help organize it.
>
>[...]
> Sponsorship:
> Yes, please?
> Volunteering to help plan, organize, or help with the costs would be great.
> As in past workshops, this will be a labor of love for all involved.

I will very probably be unable to attend but I could help with some
money (don't expect thousands of dollars or other currency; but I will
be probably able to help with some hundreds).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/