* [9fans] v9fs authentication question
@ 2017-06-06  5:10 James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2017-06-06  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If I want to be able to use v9fs to mount a plan9 fileserver as a specific
user, do I need to provide credentials via plan9port factotum?

Drawterm takes an argument about which authentication server to talk to,
but the directions I see for v9fs seem to only talk about USER environment
variables, or mounting a factotum interface.

* Re: [9fans] v9fs authentication question
@ 2017-06-06  6:05 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2017-06-06  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> If I want to be able to use v9fs to mount a plan9 fileserver as a
> specific user, do I need to provide credentials via plan9port
> factotum?
>
> Drawterm takes an argument about which authentication server to talk
> to, but the directions I see for v9fs seem to only talk about USER
> environment variables, or mounting a factotum interface.

If you want to mount as a specific user, you can specify the
"uname" option of v9fs.

See the documentation:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/9p.txt

Example:

$ mount -t 9p -o tcp,trans=tcp,uname=djc 135.104.24.18 /n/sources

If you require authentication, you'll need to authenticate
with factotum.

Example:

$ factotum -n
$ srv -a -k user=djc sources.cs.bell-labs.com
$ mount -t 9p -o unix,trans=unix,uname=djc $(namespace)/sources.cs.bell-labs.com /n/sources

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] v9fs authentication question
@ 2017-06-06  6:20 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2017-06-06  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs