* [9fans] Why didn't anyone tell me about the new slogan?
@ 2015-04-01 15:46 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2015-04-01 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://t.co/qyvHkuP2m8

Sounds a bit pollyanna to me, but who am I to judge?

* Re: [9fans] Why didn't anyone tell me about the new slogan?
@ 2015-04-01 16:08 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2015-04-01 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I think that sums up why we never got as far as we'd hoped.

@ 2015-04-05 19:58 ` cigar562hfsp952fans
From: cigar562hfsp952fans @ 2015-04-05 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Anthony Sorace <a@9srv.net> writes:

> http://t.co/qyvHkuP2m8
>
> Sounds a bit pollyanna to me, but who am I to judge?

For the benefit of those of us without Web access, what's behind that
link?

* Re: [9fans] Why didn't anyone tell me about the new slogan?
@ 2015-04-05 20:18   ` Zachary Kaplan
From: Zachary Kaplan @ 2015-04-05 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

FWIW 9fans.net is down. anyone know whats up? causing a bunch of stir on
github:

https://github.com/rogpeppe/godef/issues/4
https://github.com/fatih/vim-go/issues/368

@ 2015-04-05 21:55     ` Steven Stallion
From: Steven Stallion @ 2015-04-05 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It was probably a matter of time. IIRC, the mail archive stopped recording
messages sometime in 11/2014.

@ 2015-04-05 21:57       ` Zachary Kaplan
From: Zachary Kaplan @ 2015-04-05 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

whos in charge of https://github.com/9fans/?

@ 2015-04-05 22:30         ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-04-05 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i think only the http traffic is having problems (but research.swtch.com is
ok). these messages are obviously getting distributed through a 9fans.net
server.

my guess -- based on godev/gonuts traffic -- is that rsc is very busy with
go1.5 and probably not dealing with http server shenanigans at the moment.
 if anyone is having problems with go imports that get redirected through
9fans.net, use the suggested git clone work around.

@ 2015-04-05 22:37           ` Zachary Kaplan
From: Zachary Kaplan @ 2015-04-05 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@skip more importantly, we should use github for code hosting since it's
obviously more reliable and the code is already hosted there.

instead of making users do some hacky git clone lets go ahead and change
the import statements in the github repository to point to github itself.
then all other developers can pull from github.com and not 9fans.net.

once we find out who's in charge of the 9fans github organization, i'll
create a pull request

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Skip Tavakkolian <skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com

@ 2015-04-05 22:55             ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-04-05 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i'm pretty sure rsc is the owner of the 9fans repo on github.

i think one of the reasons 'go get' handles redirects is to deal with cases
when a repo changes location (like when a lot of stuff had to move from
code.google.com to github.com or bitbucket.org recently). even if the
generic repo site (e.g. 9fans.net) is maintained by a group of people ,
there will be times when that site is down.

@ 2015-04-11 13:39               ` cigar562hfsp952fans
From: cigar562hfsp952fans @ 2015-04-11 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Skip Tavakkolian <skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com> writes:

> i think one of the reasons 'go get' handles redirects is to deal with cases
> when a repo changes location (like when a lot of stuff had to move from
> code.google.com to github.com or bitbucket.org recently). even if the
> generic repo site (e.g. 9fans.net) is maintained by a group of people ,
> there will be times when that site is down.

Am I to infer from this that 9fans.net hosts a development repo for go,
as well as the mailing list?  Still, what's this about a new slogan?  Or
is having a new slogan just an "inside" joke that went over my head?

* Re: [9fans] Why didn't anyone tell me about the new slogan?
@ 2015-04-11 17:40                 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-04-11 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs