* [9fans] The correct way to do an incorrect thing
@ 2016-09-28 23:07 Marshall Conover
From: Marshall Conover @ 2016-09-28 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all!

As an awful person, I hacked rio's data.c to support backgrounds. Because
the default code took a 1-by-1 pixel grey image and tiled it, I just shoved
a line in there to load an image file instead using readimage(). (Hacked
really is the appropriate word here.)

My question is, would the plan9 approach to this (assuming this were a plan
9 thing to do in the first place) be to add a command line argument to rio
that lets the user specify a file, or would it be to present some file
somewhere the user can write a background to? E.g., `cat
/usr/glenda/backgrounds/bg.bit > /rio/bg`.

If there are any papers or man pages that'd be good to read for this
question, I'd appreciate a finger in that direction.

Thanks!

mars