* [9fans] punching through firewalls...
@ 2013-12-10 15:06 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2013-12-10 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

In order to get remote access through a firewall I
currently have a script which I run on the inside
of the firewall which posts a file descriptor I
can mount from home.

while(~ true true){
	cpu -h home -c 'rm -f /srv/work ; srvfs work /mnt/term ; while() sleep 600 '>[2] /dev/null
	sleep 10
}

so at home I just:

	mount /srv/work /n/work
	bind /n/work/net /net.alt

This works but the performance is not great espicially
if I cpu into the work machine from home:

	cpu -u /net.alt/tcp!work

I assume the lack of zip is due to the multiple 9p round
trips necessary to establish the connection.

Is there a more elegant, and hopefully more performant way of
do this using import -B?

failing that any other techniques?

sadly ssh -R isn't very useful on plan9 (I think).

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] punching through firewalls...
@ 2013-12-10 16:56 ` Conor Williams
From: Conor Williams @ 2013-12-10 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs