* [9fans] a research unix reader
@ 2014-03-30 19:47 Nick Owens
From: Nick Owens @ 2014-03-30 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

9fans,

a few months ago, at a friends request, i acquired a copy of a research
unix reader and scanned it, and i put it on archive.org.

the pdf and some other formats are available, but the conversion is not
very good, so the pdf is the best bet.
https://archive.org/details/a_research_unix_reader

perhaps it will give curious minds a little insight into from whence
plan 9 was begat.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 851 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] a research unix reader
@ 2014-03-30 20:26 ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2014-03-30 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> On Mar 30, 2014, at 12:47 PM, Nick Owens <mischief@9.offblast.org> wrote:
>
> 9fans,
>
> a few months ago, at a friends request, i acquired a copy of a research
> unix reader and scanned it, and i put it on archive.org.
>
> the pdf and some other formats are available, but the conversion is not
> very good, so the pdf is the best bet.
> https://archive.org/details/a_research_unix_reader

http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/unix-reader/

* Re: [9fans] a research unix reader
@ 2014-03-30 20:30   ` Nick Owens
From: Nick Owens @ 2014-03-30 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 01:26:05PM -0700, Bakul Shah wrote:

> http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/unix-reader/

yes. the maintainer of cat-v.org was the 'friend' who requested the
document. :-)

@ 2014-03-30 21:45     ` Joseph Stewart
From: Joseph Stewart @ 2014-03-30 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs