* Re: [9fans] Running PicoLisp in Acme
       [not found] <20120928112857.GA29306@software-lab.de>
@ 2012-09-28 13:09 ` dexen deVries
From: dexen deVries @ 2012-09-28 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: picolisp, 9fans

Hi lists,

On Friday 28 of September 2012 13:28:57 you wrote:
> > Acme does not emulate anything resembling ANSI terminal. As far as I know,
> > it only treats TAB and LF characters in special way. In particular, no
> > cursor addressing resembling anything of ANSI terminal.
>
> Yes, but this is on a level higher. The picolisp line editor avoids any
> dependence on terminal control sequences (termcap or terminfo), by
> relying solely on spaces and backspaces to format the line.

I see now. I have similar annoyance with Git -- which uses ^H (or was it CR?)
to over-write line of text when indicating pull progress (1% ^H^H2% ^H^H^3%
etc.etc.).

> In any way, instead of completely disabling 'led', you might change the
> function 'chgLine' in "lib/led.l", and replace "^H" ((prin "^H") in
> three places) with some other character which is suitable for acme.

I believe there's no direct replacement, but let's ask the nice folks on
9fans@9fans.net -- I'm cross-posting this message.

--
dexen deVries

* Re: [9fans] Running PicoLisp in Acme