* [9fans] Plan 9 BOF at Usenix with a slight difference
@ 2015-06-25 15:54 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2015-06-25 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm giving a talk at Usenix in Santa Clara in 2 weeks on u-root, and I'll
be setting up a Plan 9 BOF (assuming there is room) with a difference:
we're going to demo the GPL'ed Plan 9 code base booting on a small amd64
cluster (assuming it's working by then!). The system is built with gcc,
although some of us are advocating moving to clang. A full build of all
libraries, binaries, and kernels takes about 2-3 minutes. It's now possible
to debug the kernel, including setting breakpoints and examining
structures, with gdb when you are running under qemu. If you're at Usenix
drop on by and see what you think.

If you want to know more you can contact me off-list.

Thanks

Ron

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 BOF at Usenix with a slight difference
@ 2015-06-26  6:03 ` Joseph Stewart
From: Joseph Stewart @ 2015-06-26  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs