* [9fans] Trying to boot 9front from a GPT USB stick
       [not found]                     ` <CAO41-mNRMyCa27t_UOwAVSp1NEN0cAhURO2sYJ+00cngY1Dnvw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-01-05 21:27                       ` Ryan Gonzalez
From: Ryan Gonzalez @ 2017-01-05 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ok, so I installed Plan 9 onto a GPT-formatted USB stick and am trying to
boot it. Problem is, it isn't working. I get:

pbs................ok
no fat

My GRUB entry looks like this:

insmod part_gpt
set root='(hd2,9)'
chainloader +1

I found this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/comp.os.plan9/tK6LsVDZtjw/VtkTwBQRJfYJ

so I tried marking the Plan 9 partition with the boot and legacy_boot
flags. It didn't change anything.

One thing I've noticed is that, with other OSs on the USB, I've had to add
a "boot delay" flag of some kind in order for the USB stick to get picked
up. Maybe I need to do something like that here?

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura > ryo (supercell/EGOIST) > Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else