* [9fans] reg DI left allocated
@ 2013-10-15 19:45 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2013-10-15 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Compiling open source software with 8c I see:

	"reg DI left allocated"

I haven't unpicked the code from all its #defines to see
what is actually causing this, and I assume the answer is just
to simplify the code but done anyone have an explanation as
to what might have happened?

Thanks,

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] reg DI left allocated
@ 2013-10-15 19:56 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-10-15 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Oct 15 15:46:57 EDT 2013, steve@quintile.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compiling open source software with 8c I see:
>
> 	"reg DI left allocated"
>
> I haven't unpicked the code from all its #defines to see
> what is actually causing this, and I assume the answer is just
> to simplify the code but done anyone have an explanation as
> to what might have happened?

registers need to be dead after each compilation unit.
(call to yyparse()).  in this case DI was left allocated.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] reg DI left allocated
@ 2013-10-15 21:22 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2013-10-15 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)