* Re: [9fans] [OT] GHG
@ 2001-02-09 14:45 nigel
From: nigel @ 2001-02-09 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Interesting.  I find tearing up "Hack your way to Script Kiddie
Stardom in EZperlizedXMLpro 1.11.43.6 (NT version) in the time it
takes to eat a biscuit (no text, just pictures)" type books works very
well for lighting a barbeque.  You can buy them by the yard, second
hand, at Galloway and Porter.

We don't run to oxygen bars in Cambridge.

Nigel

PS Well, it is friday

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1916 bytes --]

From: splite@purdue.edu
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] [OT] GHG
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:20:56 -0500

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 08:24:08PM -0800, kim kubik wrote:

> Main reason I remember was the story of a fellow grad
> student, George Goebel, who Tom said hacked together
> a dual cpu VAX, essentially adding another cookie
> sheet sized board. (George Goebel was the name of a

George Gobel (GHG to himself) and his lemon-yellow Hummer are still at Purdue.
He gained national fame a few years ago by speed-lighting charcoal grills by
dumping liquid oxygen on them.

The tech report describing the 2-way VAX is at
http://ghg.ecn.purdue.edu/~ghg/vax/paper.html

* Re: [9fans] [OT] GHG
@ 2001-02-09 14:20 ` splite
From: splite @ 2001-02-09 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)