* [9fans] What are the steps to add new video drivers?
@ 2001-03-30  8:37 Richard Greenblott
From: Richard Greenblott @ 2001-03-30  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi:
    I am tring to install Plan9 on a pentium III processor from DELL.
The video board is one that is not currently supported by the Plan9
project. How can I add a new driver without first having Plan9 running.
My card is a NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS. I have been able to get this card
working with Linux but not with Plan9.

The system does start to load the OS from my floppy but it stops and
dumps the video prom and ends with a "%" prompt.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks:

Rick G.

* [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28  3:20 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

have the ide pseudo worm patches been rolled into
latest release?

--sam

* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28 16:54 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-28 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Apr 28 12:37:48 EDT 2001, sam@ducksworth.com wrote:
> thanks jim. is there any info on the other file server project
> or is it too soon to talk about it?

too soon, and not really for me to say.

* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28 16:36 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-28 15:52 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-28 15:28 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

perhaps my previous request was not clear. i was refering
to the latest _full_ release. i was not refering to any
of the updates. in fact i just discoverd the latest update
this morning, and am in the process of reviewing the changelog.

@ 2001-04-28  5:54 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-04-28  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

there is a link to a summary of the changes in the update, next to the link for the patch

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1807 bytes --]

From: Sam Ducksworth <sam@ducksworth.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

@ 2001-04-28  5:16 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ok thanks i will dig around the archives for the patches.

@ 2001-04-28  3:31 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-28  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Apr 27 23:22:22 EDT 2001, sam@ducksworth.com wrote:
> have the ide pseudo worm patches been rolled into
> latest release?
>
> --sam

no.