* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28  5:54 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-04-28  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

there is a link to a summary of the changes in the update, next to the link for the patch

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1807 bytes --]

From: Sam Ducksworth <sam@ducksworth.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

have the ide pseudo worm patches been rolled into
latest release?

--sam

* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28 15:28 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

perhaps my previous request was not clear. i was refering
to the latest _full_ release. i was not refering to any
of the updates. in fact i just discoverd the latest update
this morning, and am in the process of reviewing the changelog.

based on this and other information that i have gathered the
answer seems to be no. so based on that i have another question.

will this functionality (ide pseudo worm) be included in the
9p20?? (4th edition)?

@ 2001-04-28 16:54 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-28 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Apr 28 12:37:48 EDT 2001, sam@ducksworth.com wrote:
> thanks jim. is there any info on the other file server project
> or is it too soon to talk about it?

too soon, and not really for me to say.

* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28 16:36 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001 jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> On Sat Apr 28 11:29:37 EDT 2001, sam@ducksworth.com wrote:
> >
> > based on this and other information that i have gathered the
> > answer seems to be no. so based on that i have another question.
> >
> > will this functionality (ide pseudo worm) be included in the
> > 9p20?? (4th edition)?
> >

> I don't intend to make any changes to the version of the fileserver code
> you should have now, and it doesn't have any IDE support.
>
> The 9P2000 fileserver, which I am again working on now that update
> is out of the way, is planned to support any device the cpu/terminal
> kernel has. Of course, by the time I'm finished all this may be moot
> as there is another (separate) fileserver project underway which may
> subsume the Plan 9 one.

--sam

* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28 15:52 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-28  5:16 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ok thanks i will dig around the archives for the patches.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> On Fri Apr 27 23:22:22 EDT 2001, sam@ducksworth.com wrote:
> > have the ide pseudo worm patches been rolled into
> > latest release?
> >
> > --sam
>
> no.

--sam

* Re: [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28  3:31 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-28  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Apr 27 23:22:22 EDT 2001, sam@ducksworth.com wrote:
> have the ide pseudo worm patches been rolled into
> latest release?
>
> --sam

no.

* [9fans] status of the ide pseudo worm patches
@ 2001-04-28  3:20 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-04-28  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans