* [9fans] phase error?
@ 2001-02-23 21:41 Andrey A Mirtchovski
From: Andrey A Mirtchovski @ 2001-02-23 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

following error occurs:

cpu% cd /tmp
cpu% ls
ls: .: phase error -- qid does not match

it just started happening without any specific reason (connected to a cpu
server with drawterm.. kfs filesystem on same machine)

the machine has been up 36 days without a significant load...

sorry i don't have enough time to research this on my own..

andrey

* Re: [9fans] phase error?
@ 2003-09-19  8:36   ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-09-19  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

geoff@collyer.net (Geoff Collyer) writes:

> What does typing "printconf" on your file server console produce?

I made a mistake on config. I use «filsys ch0fh0» in the fs config
which can't work. ;-) My fileserver is now up and running. Realy
nice system.

Thanks for the help
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- http://www.mteege.de
make world not war

* Re: [9fans] phase error?
@ 2003-09-17 22:23 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2003-09-17 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

dumps are created automatically at 05:00 (5 AM) each day or if you
type "dump" on the file server console.

The phase error is worrisome; you might try typing

	cfs main
	check

on your file server console to see if it's okay.

The atasize message is reporting that the ata driver sees 8,421,840
sectors (4,311,982,080 bytes), which is equivalent to 263,168 file
server blocks (it's discarding 464 sectors for some reason), which
implies that you are using a block size of 16K, which is rather large
for magnetic-media cw file systems; 4K is more typical.

@ 2003-09-17 10:17 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-09-17 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

After more 9fans reading I transfered the system to the
fileserver. After that I want to make a dump but «9fs dump» gives me
«mount /n/dump: attach --bad specifier». So I read 9fans archive
again and try:

srv -q il!batida
mount /srv/il!batida /n/dump dump

error message. It looks like, that there is a problem with the
geometry of the harddrive because the BIOS reports only 84MB where
the drive is 4GB. The fs says «atasize(875545f0) 8421840->263168. So
I first go for new hardware to build my fileserver or is there any I
can do to get it run?

Many thanks
Matthias

--

@ 2001-02-23 23:43 anothy
From: anothy @ 2001-02-23 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it looks like, for whatever reason, your kfs has
become unhappy. try disk/kfscmd 'check r' (note
the quotes on the argument to kfscmd), and see
what it says. this could take a while, but you
should get some info on what file(s) is causing
you problems, at the least.
-α.