* Re: [9fans] Plan9 licence clarification
@ 2004-02-22 13:49 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-02-22 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ekarttun, 9fans

The intention is that linking with our libraries not be considered
contributing or redistributing, i.e., you can distribute without
that being considered part of 'the original program'.

However, if you include the source of the libraries (or any other
part of the system) that is protected by the license constraints.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2682 bytes --]

From: Einar Karttunen <ekarttun@cs.helsinki.fi>
To: Plan9 ML <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Plan9 licence clarification
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:12:06 +0200

Hello

Does the Plan9 licence ("Lucent Public Licence 1.02") imply any
licensing constraints for code linking against code protected by it?
That is, can I link against the plan9 code if my code is under a
different (BSD) licence? The licence speaks of "the original program"
but that sounds quite ambiguous in the case of libraries...

- Einar Karttunen