* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-09 21:21 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-09 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Try, on the auth server

	auth/factotum
	cpu -h auth-server

If that fails, then your bootes key
in keyfs is wrong.  Run auth/changeuser bootes.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-13 13:48 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-13 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

cpu -h auth-server command produces the following error

cpu: can't dial: auth-server: connection refused

change/authuser bootes and rebooting does not change
the above message. Is it a bad installation or incorrect
/lib/ndb/local? The last part is shown below.

-ishwar
---
ip=141.xxx.xxx.xx sys=authsrv ether=00d0b7170332 proto=il
	dom=authsrv.domain.name
	authdom=authsrv.domain.name
	auth=authsrv
	cpu=authsrv
----

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> Try, on the auth server
>
> 	auth/factotum
> 	cpu -h auth-server
>
> If that fails, then your bootes key
> in keyfs is wrong.  Run auth/changeuser bootes.
>
> Russ

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-13 22:26   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-05-13 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

>cpu: can't dial: authsrv.domain.name: connection rejected

Execute:
	netstat -n
on your auth server and show the result to us.

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-13 14:05 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-13 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 13 May 2002 rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> > cpu -h auth-server command produces the following error
> > cpu: can't dial: auth-server: connection refused
>
> replace auth-server with the name of your auth server,
> in this case authsrv.

I did use that name! I send mail from another machine and hence
some different strokes (I should have checked!).

BTW when FQN or IP-address is used for auth-serv the message
changes to

@ 2002-05-13 13:43 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-05-13 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i suspect your /rc/bin/service and /rc/bin/service.auth aren't set up
for cpu services.  that might be described in the wiki

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2173 bytes --]

To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Again..
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:48:16 -0400 (EDT)

cpu -h auth-server command produces the following error

cpu: can't dial: auth-server: connection refused

change/authuser bootes and rebooting does not change
the above message. Is it a bad installation or incorrect
/lib/ndb/local? The last part is shown below.

-ishwar
---
ip=141.xxx.xxx.xx sys=authsrv ether=00d0b7170332 proto=il
	dom=authsrv.domain.name
	authdom=authsrv.domain.name
	auth=authsrv
	cpu=authsrv
----

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> Try, on the auth server
>
> 	auth/factotum
> 	cpu -h auth-server
>
> If that fails, then your bootes key
> in keyfs is wrong.  Run auth/changeuser bootes.
>
> Russ

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-13 13:40 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-13 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-09 21:18 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-09 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 9 May 2002 rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> that's what i expected to happen.
> your auth server is just misconfigured.
> are you sure that all the keys are set up
> properly, that you created the appropriate
> users with auth/changeuser, etc.?
Only other user than bootes is glenda. I did
auth/changeuser glenda
in fact, did it more than once as I also
suspected the key part..

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-09 20:31 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-09 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 9 May 2002 rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> You also have to give drawterm the auth server name.
> It's trying to dial AUTHSERV, which presumably
> isn't a machine on your network.
>
> drawterm -c server -a auth-server
This results in message
drawterm: can't authenticatw with p9
-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-09 20:25 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-09 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-09 19:33 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-09 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> I use drawterm via netkey occasionally (I try not to,
> since it's not encrypted yet) and have no problems.
Does not work for me. Could it be a netkey program generation
problem? It generates correct keys for v3 cpu/auth standalone.

> Presumably password-based drawterm works to your standalone
> server.  Does it work if you log in as someone other
> than the auth domain user (bootes in the examples)?
I tried for user glenda (drawterm -c server-address):
?can't connect to AS: connect AUTHSERV!567 failed: connection refused

user[glenda]

Looks like that I will keep using v3 cpu/auth server.

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-09 19:25 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-09 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-09 18:36 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-09 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I use drawterm via netkey occasionally (I try not to,
since it's not encrypted yet) and have no problems.

Presumably password-based drawterm works to your standalone
server.  Does it work if you log in as someone other
than the auth domain user (bootes in the examples)?

Russ

* [9fans] Again..
@ 2002-05-09 13:03 Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-05-09 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Plan 9(v4) standalone auth/cpu server. Drawterm fails to authenticate
via netkey.

1. Has any one had success with it?

2. Has netkey info changed from v3 to v4?

-ishwar