* [9fans] help installing standalone cpu server
@ 2004-01-24  6:39 James Horey
From: James Horey @ 2004-01-24  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I've been trying to follow the Wiki page on installing a standalone cpu
server. Everything is going smoothly except there is one message I am worried
about. After I reboot Plan 9 and boot into the 9pcauth kernel, I attempt to
authenticate "bootes" using:

auth/changeuser bootes

I type in my password and confirmation and answer 'yes' to 'assign Inferno/POP
secret'. However I get the message "changeuser: can't create user bootes:
access permission denied". I tried disk/kfscmd allow and then trying again,
but I get the same message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-James Horey