* [9fans] Ownership settings on a second KFS
@ 2002-09-09 17:05 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-09 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It makes sense that each additional kfs for additional drives will need
its own /adm/users at the root of the filesystem it handles. Is there a better
way to supply this other than copying it from the initial kfs at startup?
Binding to the first /adm does seem to work.

* Re: [9fans] Ownership settings on a second KFS
@ 2002-09-09 20:52 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-09 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It makes sense that each additional kfs for additional drives will need
> its own /adm/users at the root of the filesystem it handles. Is there a better
> way to supply this other than copying it from the initial kfs at startup?

I don't think so.

> Binding to the first /adm does seem to work.

I think you're imagining that.  Kfs doesn't
know anything about bind, so it can't see the
binding you introduce.

Note that if /adm/users is empty, kfs uses
a default list of

	-1:adm:adm:
	0:none:adm:
	1:tor:tor:
	2:glenda:glenda:
	10000:sys::
	10001:upas:upas:
	10002:bootes:bootes:

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Ownership settings on a second KFS
@ 2002-09-09 17:46 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-09 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> It makes sense that each additional kfs for additional drives will need
>> its own /adm/users at the root of the filesystem it handles. Is there a better
>> way to supply this other than copying it from the initial kfs at startup?
>
> I don't think so.

Although it would make sense because of uniformity (why should the
first disk be any different to kfs than the second, etc.) notice that
I didn't say I liked it ☺

>> Binding to the first /adm does seem to work.
>
> I think you're imagining that.  Kfs doesn't
> know anything about bind, so it can't see the
> binding you introduce.

I miss typed. I meant to say "does NOT".