* [9fans] Mercurial and Plan 9
@ 2012-03-14  6:15 Steven Stallion
From: Steven Stallion @ 2012-03-14  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

All,

I have to admit I've been a bit late posting to the list regarding
updates to Mercurial. As Erik has mentioned a couple of times, a 1.7.5
port was made last year (a factotum extension for http/https
authentication was also written; see
/n/sources/contrib/stallion/src/mercurial). This port has seen heavy
use over the last year with a fair degree of success - I am finally
comfortable making this a bit more public. stallion/mercurial is
available via fgb's contrib. You will want to check
/n/sources/contrib/stallion/src/mercurial/README before installing.

As for the current status, I'm working on a port for the latest stable
(2.1.1 at the time of this writing). This should be complete soon -
there are a few rough edges I want to polish first, particularly with
documentation. This port should be a bit more complete than the last;
I am aiming to have this become part of the official Mercurial
distribution going forward.

Jeff,

I believe the biggest sore spot is the lack of a modern Python port.
Ideally we could have a more complete port that wouldn't require APE,
but that may be approaching the point of diminishing returns.

Cheers,

Steve