* [9fans] acme to open a 'strange' directory
@ 2010-03-07 13:40 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-03-07 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

it happened I have some subdirectories named similarly to

rotxy3_[1-5Co6-10Ni]

i.e. having [ ] brackets as a part of the name.

rc works so, that when it encounters such a directory, it is able to
switch to it, since the rule is that if the pattern doesn't match
anything, it is taken literally as itself. But when I have such a
directory in acme and I 3-click it, it is not opened --- I have to
manually copy the name into the tag and press Get. Is there anything
simple that can be done, so that acme opens such directories?

Related question is: I really need names with something like brackets.
But all types have already some meaning, (), [], {}, <>. What do you
use in such a case?

Thanks
Ruda