* [9fans] jumpy usb mouse on 9pi
@ 2015-05-05 23:34 Paul Ivanov
From: Paul Ivanov @ 2015-05-05 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

I just got a used 3 button USB mouse (IBM-M-U35) which is giving me grief
on a fresh 9pi image (board rev 0xe firmware rev: 1427481988). The mouse
works fine plugged into Debian and OS X machines, but on 9pi, moving the
mouse causes the cursor to jump erratically around the screen, almost
exclusively in the vertical direction, along with rio registering button
presses even though I'm not pressing any.

Has anyone run into something similar? What can I do to try to address this?

best,
--
Paul Ivanov

* Re: [9fans] jumpy usb mouse on 9pi
@ 2015-05-06  6:54 ` steve
From: steve @ 2015-05-06  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have the same firmware, and an ibm m-u0013-o 3 button mouse, on a pi2 and it's working fine.

I will try my pi1 tonight if I get time.

Steve

@ 2015-05-06  8:32 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2015-05-06  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> moving the
> mouse causes the cursor to jump erratically around the screen, almost
> exclusively in the vertical direction, along with rio registering button
> presses even though I'm not pressing any.

This happens when the usb keyboard/mouse driver misinterprets the HID
protocol description in the device configuration.  Incidentally this
is not specific to 9pi -- Plan 9 uses the same usb device drivers on
all platforms.

Try forcing the mouse to use the simpler boot protocol, by appending
'kbargs=-b' to the command line in cmdline.txt (on dos partition).

* Re: [9fans] jumpy usb mouse on 9pi
@ 2015-05-06  8:42   ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2015-05-06  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This happens to me sporadically on ThinkPad T400. I can fix it by rebooting.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu