* [9fans] plan9.bell-labs.com
@ 2003-11-16  3:55 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-11-16  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If there's some service interruptions to us over the next
few hours, don't bother mailing me.  We're switching file
servers and I'm up to my neck in alligators.

* Re: [9fans] plan9.bell-labs.com
@ 2007-09-23 19:48               ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-09-23 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

sources has been up for just under 3 days and the machine that hosts
the wiki has been up for a little under 10 days, so I think you're
seeing problems with network connectivity.

When sources or the wiki appear to be down, try

	ip/traceroute sources.cs.bell-labs.com
	ip/traceroute outside.cs.bell-labs.com

which should suggest where the problem is.

* Re: [9fans] plan9.bell-labs.com
@ 2007-09-23 18:41             ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2007-09-23 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

FYI, sources and the wiki have been intermittently down most of the
day (when I started typing this email the wiki was down, seems to be
back up right now, but the web interface to sources is down now, and I
have had trouble accessing sources over 9p all day).

uriel

P.S.: Thanks to people in irc for reporting and confirming the issues.

On 9/21/07, David Leimbach <leimy2k@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/21/07, Richard Bilson <rcbilson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Venti arenas stored on S3, with locally hosted indexes?
> >
> > You can't just throw a whole arena into an S3 file, since the S3 API
> > doesn't support seeking within files.
> >
> > On the other hand, an S3 bucket is essentially a big hash table, and
> > so is venti. So I opted for the simple approach of storing the blocks
> > themselves in S3. Given that, a local index doesn't help much. A local
> > bloom filter probably would help, but for now my server is stateless
> > (aside from cache).
> >
> > Right now the server supports the basic venti api, but it falls over
> > if anything goes wrong on the connection. Once I make it more robust,
> > I'll put it in contrib for interested parties.
>
> I hadn't looked into this idea much beyond a moment of curiosity...  Sounds
> like you've thought it out quite a bit though :-)
>

> once I get my plan 9 box back up and healthy (and possibly add to the ranks
> in my home network) I'd be very interested in taking a look.
>
> Dave

* Re: [9fans] plan9.bell-labs.com
@ 2007-09-21 14:41           ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2007-09-21 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-09-21 14:18         ` Richard Bilson
From: Richard Bilson @ 2007-09-21 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-09-21 14:18         ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2007-09-21 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hate to pay that bandwidth bill....

@ 2007-09-21 13:55       ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2007-09-21 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-09-21  0:05       ` Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2007-09-21  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 9/20/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com <geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com> wrote:
> It's still up, at least when I try it from home.
>
> What URL are you trying?

now it's ok. thanks geoff.
--
iru

* Re: [9fans] plan9.bell-labs.com
@ 2007-09-20 23:58     ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-09-20 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2007-09-20 22:40     ` Richard Bilson
From: Richard Bilson @ 2007-09-20 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-09-20 21:46   ` Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2007-09-20 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 9/20/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com <geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com> wrote:
> I had to reboot sources.  It and the web site are back up.

still the same. object not found

--
iru

* Re: [9fans] plan9.bell-labs.com
@ 2007-09-20 21:34   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2007-09-20 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 9/20/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com <geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> I had to reboot sources.  It and the web site are back up.

http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/venti/venti.html
Object not found...

<sniff>

@ 2007-09-20 18:54 ` geoff