* [9fans] Let's get functional?
@ 2003-04-08  7:14 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-04-08  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

Here's a question that I need answering -- do people care for a port of a
functional language compiler to Plan9?

I browsed through the comp.os.plan9 archives and found a very old (ca. 1996)
post from Russ Cox regarding attempts to bring Lithp to P9. Not much else.

The language that I had in mind is Haskell. I can't figure out a way Haskell
could fit nicely with the Plan9 paradigms (everything is a file, private
namespaces, etc), but, say, a haskell->draw() module could be of some use...
somewhat...

I'm looking at this simply as a way of bringing some color to the C/rc
(perl?python?) world we live in :)

andrey