* Re: [9fans] advice and advice
@ 2011-04-07 13:21 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2011-04-07 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> ... connect via cat5 everynight and do a snap -a, then clean up the
> fossil for the next day.

I don't think this will work, after a snap -a fossil is empty and only contains
a single pointers to the root venti score. If you disconnect the link between fossil
and venti, after even the first snap -a you can no-longer boot from the fossil.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] advice and advice
@ 2011-04-07 13:37   ` Noah Evans
From: Noah Evans @ 2011-04-07 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

No way am I looking that up at work. :o

Noah

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Bruce Ellis <bruce.ellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> ha ha. i accidentally got some stuff from the attached site (for some
> reason it's physically impossible to copy and paste the name). the
> manual is available in japanese only. noah! the best i have here is
> boyd's dictionary of japanese slang. not many occurences of "she has a
> nice ass" in the manual.
>
> a serious question.
>
> i plan to have fossil in the data collection jeep and am wondering if
> anyone has experience with a remote venti. well it won't be very
> remote, it'll be in the support support truck and what i'd like to do
> is connect via cat5 everynight and do a snap -a, then clean up the
> fossil for the next day. i think this will work - i'll set up a test
> rig when i get time but some tips would be handy.
>
> i won't go into the pain i had at witch bank today. i was only there
> an hour. they got toey when i called lloydy to bring me a burger and
> my dog and sat on the floor with both and my dumbass nintendo game.
>
> brucee

* Re: [9fans] advice and advice
@ 2011-04-06 13:29   ` EBo
From: EBo @ 2011-04-06 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:23:38 +1000, Bruce Ellis wrote:
> i won't go into the pain i had at witch bank today. i was only there
> an hour. they got toey when i called lloydy to bring me a burger and
> my dog and sat on the floor with both and my dumbass nintendo game.

 I love you man ;-)

   EBo --

* Re: [9fans] advice and advice
@ 2011-04-06 13:23 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2011-04-06 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

[...]

[-- Attachment #2: hdr_logo.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 12575 bytes --]

* [9fans] advice and advice
@ 2011-04-04  9:23 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2011-04-04  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

i'm doing a cross the Himalayas by bunnie. so my advice is if anyone
wants to tag along it's july 17th.

i'm fitting out the support jeep (all else are on mad motobikes) and
i'm having problems with accelerometers. the ones i've tried either
jitter inanely or go erratic. any experience / advice?

and i need a 2nd tech so i can sleep. cinap?

brucee