* [9fans] Mouse advice for Acme
@ 2008-02-28 11:48 Rodrigo Miranda
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rodrigo Miranda @ 2008-02-28 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi there,

I got tired of getting my mouse to be a good citizen when using Acme
(both Plan 9 and ACME-SAC on OS X), it is not really working. The
problem is that its mouse wheel is a pain to use as a button, and this
makes chording and middle-button use very annoying.

So I would like to get me a new mouse, and I would like your advice:

- It has to work on Mac OS X
- It has to be optical (preferrably laser) based tracking
- It has to have a USB or (preferrably) radio interface (bluetooth
would be great).
- It has to be a useable scrolling wheel
- All buttons must be clicked confortably (if the wheel is one of the
buttons it would be nice for it not to scroll when one is trying to
click).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rodrigo