* [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  2:55 drivers
From: drivers @ 2009-09-08  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

9fans,

   Is anyone aware of where the configuration data is concerning drawterm logins?  I initially set my system up as crashing.dom and since put the system into production as plan9.union.edu for my final honors project in CS. Unfortunatly fixing the /cfg plan9.ini and /lib/ndb/local to the proper setups did not change this login prompt it still reads james@crashing.dom password: .
    Any thoughts as to where I might be able to change the prompt?  Additionally I recompiled the kernel in a final effort after I felt enough updates had past. The rest of the system is functioning well.

Thanks for reading.

=james
=jt

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:01 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-09-08  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drivers, 9fans

>    Is anyone aware of where the configuration data is concerning drawterm logins?  I initially set my system up as crashing.dom and since put the system into production as plan9.union.edu for my final honors project in CS. Unfortunatly fixing the /cfg plan9.ini and /lib/ndb/local to the proper setups did not change this login prompt it still reads james@crashing.dom password: .

drawterm doesn't use plan9.ini.  if you want to change the login prompt
(issued by factotum &/| secstore) you'll need to give drawterm the -u user
switch.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:09 ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2009-09-08  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drivers, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

it's still stored in the nvram, you'll need to
echo blah > /dev/sdC0/nvram
reboot and enter the right one

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:13   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-09-08  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon Sep  7 23:11:27 EDT 2009, benavento@gmail.com wrote:
> it's still stored in the nvram, you'll need to
> echo blah > /dev/sdC0/nvram
> reboot and enter the right one

i could be wrong, but i don't think nvram has anything to do with drawterm.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:22     ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2009-09-08  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

my guess is that he thinks that the problem is in drawterm...
while it's authdom in the nvram that's wrong and wasn't
updated

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:28       ` drivers
From: drivers @ 2009-09-08  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

FGB,

 Oh no, I knew it was me the whole time.  Just not exactly where to look after the initial setup.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  There was no way drawterm was the offender here.  Thanks!

=james

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:26 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-09-08  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drivers, 9fans

> Eric thanks for your quick reply, good to know you actually are a human.

you're wecome.  but that's funny.  everybody knows i'm dumb as a box of rocks.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm login prompt.
@ 2009-09-08  3:22 drivers
From: drivers @ 2009-09-08  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Fgb,

This did the trick thanks.  Eric thanks for your quick reply, good to know you actually are a human.

=jt