* [9fans] Watanabe 32 dot Japanese fonts
@ 2003-10-09  2:26 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-10-09  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I announced a few months ago that I removed the 32 dot fonts for Plan 9
from our web page, because it was reported that the base font of
Watanabe Fonts might violate copyright of some fonts.

I contacted with the original font supplyer, (hitach printing solutions
Co. 日立プリンティングソリューションズ株式会社), and got a negative
answer from them.

They say as follows:
 if the original 32dot font data from that company are not used,
we can use those fonts.   However, we recognize that the
first Watanabe Font are (illegally) copied from our original fonts.

The 32 dot fonts I used was made by Marc Leisher from freetype
Watanabe font.   Therefore, we cannot use those fonts.   We must
be carefull many of free Japanese fonts, which comes with open
software, such as Kochi fonts, etc.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Watanabe 32 dot Japanese fonts
@ 2003-10-09 14:20 ` Moroo Jun
From: Moroo Jun @ 2003-10-09 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 2003.10.09, at 11:26, okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:

> I announced a few months ago that I removed the 32 dot fonts for Plan 9
> from our web page, because it was reported that the base font of
> Watanabe Fonts might violate copyright of some fonts.

How about using "mikachan font"?
I tried it. It works fine and cute.

mikachanfont
http://mikachan-font.com/index2.html

* Re: [9fans] Watanabe 32 dot Japanese fonts
@ 2003-10-10  1:00   ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-10-10  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> How about using "mikachan font"?
> I tried it. It works fine and cute.

Well, judging from its name "ミカちゃん フォント", I suppose
it was made by some young guyes.   Is it designed from scratch?
Anyway, I'll try it this weekend, just now, I have to work for money. ☺

Thank you very much Jun.

@ 2003-10-10  6:23     ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-10-10  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> How about using "mikachan font"?
>> I tried it. It works fine and cute.
>
> Well, judging from its name "ミカちゃん フォント", I suppose
> it was made by some young guyes.   Is it designed from scratch?
> Anyway, I'll try it this weekend, just now, I have to work for money. ☺

I visited this web page, and found some kinds of comic moji(Kanji).
No, it doesn't fit to my needs.  It's too much cute.☺

Kenji