* [9fans] lguest back again
@ 2010-05-04 21:20 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2010-05-04 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

OK, lguest support is back and working. and commited.

Console I/O is a tad more efficient. Since we're using this port for
the HARE project I expect we'll continue to clean it up, so if anyone
wants anything let me know.

ron

* Re: [9fans] lguest back again
@ 2010-05-05  4:58 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2010-05-05  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

is lguest the "winning" linux kernel technology of it's category today?

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, lguest support is back and working. and commited.
>
> Console I/O is a tad more efficient. Since we're using this port for
> the HARE project I expect we'll continue to clean it up, so if anyone
> wants anything let me know.
>
> ron

* Re: [9fans] lguest back again
@ 2010-05-05  5:37   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2010-05-05  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM, David Leimbach <leimy2k@gmail.com> wrote:
> is lguest the "winning" linux kernel technology of it's category today?

It really depends on what you want. For us, and what we need, lguest wins.

See this paper to see why.
http://bitbucket.org/rminnich/clustermatic/src/tip/EUROSYS10/

But for most other uses, people want full-up virtualization.

For Plan 9, and things like tinycore linux, my favorite is still 9vx

ron

* Re: [9fans] lguest back again
@ 2010-05-05 14:57     ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2010-05-05 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)